Available Classes
If you're interested in learning English at the Mission Language Community Service Center, these are the available classes that we offer:
Monday-Thursday from 6-7 P.M. we teach children. The younger children are on the lower level with a Thai/English teacher. The older children are on the second level where Andrew and I teach. We teach them songs, memory verses, and basic conversational English and vocabulary.

Monday-Thursday from 7-8 P.M. we offer two classes for adults: basic and intermediate. Andrew teaches the basic class on the lower level. There's usually about 5 students coming regularly, including 2 Buddhist monks!
I teach the intermediate class on the second level (no picture available). Right now I have 3 ladies that come regularly who have a good grasp on English, but want to improve their speaking, listening, reading and writing skills. We have a lot of fun talking, playing games, and discussing various topics. I think that these ladies will be a good opportunity to share God with because they already know English fairly well and I can communicate with them very easily. Please pray for them and for me, so that an opportunity arises to share with them!
Tuesday & Thursday from 9-10:30 A.M. we teach a class for the local police officers. They are split up into 2 classes, and although both classes are pretty basic, I teach the class that knows the least. At first I was really intimidated by the thought of teaching 20 Thai police men, but they are actually a lot of fun to teach! They are very relaxed and laid back - we play games and laugh a lot! But I have been warned that I need to be careful because Thai police men are known for having numerous mistresses.

We are also starting a new class in about a week for high school students, an hour twice a week, since they will be on "summer vacation" for the next 2 months. From what I've heard we may have 30-40 kids coming for that!
Things have really picked up the pace here and we find ourselves really busy! When I'm not teaching, I'm planning and preparing. It's a little bit difficult because I don't always have all the resources that I wish I had and I don't really have a work space, but I make do with what I have and God has made up for the rest! Things are really starting to happen down at the Center! It's really exciting to be a part of it!
Monday-Thursday from 6-7 P.M. we teach children. The younger children are on the lower level with a Thai/English teacher. The older children are on the second level where Andrew and I teach. We teach them songs, memory verses, and basic conversational English and vocabulary.

Monday-Thursday from 7-8 P.M. we offer two classes for adults: basic and intermediate. Andrew teaches the basic class on the lower level. There's usually about 5 students coming regularly, including 2 Buddhist monks!
I teach the intermediate class on the second level (no picture available). Right now I have 3 ladies that come regularly who have a good grasp on English, but want to improve their speaking, listening, reading and writing skills. We have a lot of fun talking, playing games, and discussing various topics. I think that these ladies will be a good opportunity to share God with because they already know English fairly well and I can communicate with them very easily. Please pray for them and for me, so that an opportunity arises to share with them!Tuesday & Thursday from 9-10:30 A.M. we teach a class for the local police officers. They are split up into 2 classes, and although both classes are pretty basic, I teach the class that knows the least. At first I was really intimidated by the thought of teaching 20 Thai police men, but they are actually a lot of fun to teach! They are very relaxed and laid back - we play games and laugh a lot! But I have been warned that I need to be careful because Thai police men are known for having numerous mistresses.
Sometimes they come in uniform...

We are also starting a new class in about a week for high school students, an hour twice a week, since they will be on "summer vacation" for the next 2 months. From what I've heard we may have 30-40 kids coming for that!
Things have really picked up the pace here and we find ourselves really busy! When I'm not teaching, I'm planning and preparing. It's a little bit difficult because I don't always have all the resources that I wish I had and I don't really have a work space, but I make do with what I have and God has made up for the rest! Things are really starting to happen down at the Center! It's really exciting to be a part of it!




Comments
I can't tell you how much I miss you sis. Keep posting..I love reading. Keep having fun and traveling for Jesus!
LOVE YOU!
I can't tell you how much I miss you sis. Keep posting..I love reading. Keep having fun and traveling for Jesus!
LOVE YOU!