Rasayana Raw

Back in November, I began to change my eating habits and patterns. I decided that since Adam and Eve ate only raw and unprocessed foods in the Garden, that must be what God originally had planned for us. I started doing a little research and found that there are quite a large group of people (called raw foodists) who eat this way. So since then, I try to eat primarily fresh and raw fruit, vegetables, nuts and seeds. Of course this isn't always possible, especially over the Christmas holidays, but I do the best that I can whenever I can. And the results have been amazing - I have clearer skin, I sleep deeper and wake up earlier, I feel kinda springy...bouncy (not sure how to explain it), I can think clearer, and I'm overall just a lot happier.

Well, when I heard that there's a raw food restaurant in Bangkok, I really wanted to go. I'd never been to one before. So one Sunday, Andrew and I ventured into Bangkok with our primary purpose being to find the Rasayana Raw Food Cafe and Retreat Center. Andrew made the mistake of asking me to find directions on the internet, so after walking around in the brutal Bangkok heat for over an hour, we found an internet cafe and found the actual directions. We finally made it to our destination and had a lovely, delicious meal. Everything was fresh, raw, and organic! It was a great experience - if you ever get a chance, you should definitely visit a raw food restaurant. Even if you don't feel the need to eat raw food all the time, it's still something that everyone should try at least once!

Enjoying my cabbage rolls appetizer

This is Andrew's veggie "burger"

Mini "pizzas" (I also ordered "fettucini" - the "noodles" were thin strips of zucchini! It was really good!)

Strawberry & Passion Fruit Sorbet

Banana Carob Pie

Comments

Popular Posts