Small But Beautiful World

It sure is a small world......especially the Adventist world! On Friday evening, as I was sitting in vespers waiting for Andrew to share his testimony, I saw a "farang" (foreigner) walk in that I hadn't seen before on campus. She sat down a few rows behind me, so I kinda turned to see who it was, and..... low and behold! ..... I did recognize her, but not from this campus. I recognized her all the way from my very own campus of CUC in Canada! Yep! She's been a missionary up in Chiang Mai for the past 4 months and was just down visiting Mission College before she heads home. It was great to catch up with her and see a familiar face!

Desire and I in the Church courtyard after church
Pastor Ryan and his wife Laura invited us to have Sabbath dinner with them today. So after church, we headed over to their place where we enjoyed a wonderful meal, played with their three precious daughters, and met some of the missionaries who were visiting from Bangkok. Afterwards, we all piled into a borrowed van and headed up to some waterfalls. It felt wonderful to wade in the cool water, but if I would've been prepared, I would've totally jumped in. Andrew, Pastor Ryan, and the 3 girls jumped in regardless of their clothes!

The waterfalls...

There were a couple young "monks-in-training" under the supervision of an older monk, who were also enjoying the waterfalls. They were so cute trying to keep their orange robes on.

Andrew, Pastor Ryan and the girls before they got all wet

Once Andrew and Pastor Ryan got in, it was like they became part of the Thai culture where everyone helps everyone else no matter who you are or where you're from. They had fun swimming, jumping in together, and helping each other back up to the top. It was neat to watch how quickly the Thai kids warmed up and latched on to the "farangs" and in no time, they were no longer "farangs", but just one of the guys playing in the waterfalls..... What a beautiful world!

I love this photo...... they all clasped hands to jump in together, mini-monks and all!

Comments

Anonymous said…
i found it! yay.. we have connected once more :P lol...
will be trying to catch up with some of the news! looks like you've been having a great time.
love u friend! God bless
sj
Sean said…
Beautiful falls, beautiful Sabbath day. Thanks for sharing!

Popular Posts