Phnom Penh - The Capital City

Phnom Penh feels small compared to Bangkok or other capital cities, but it still had that "city-feeling" that I don't particularly care for. It was busy, hot, and polluted, but food and shopping was cheap!! We did a little shopping and hung out down down by the riverside. It was nice to just chill for a bit.

The palace - we didn't get to go in because it was closed already

Down by the riverside - flags lining the bank.

There's my flag!!

Have you ever eaten lotus seeds? It was the first time for me, and they're yummy! Kinda taste like green peas fresh out of the garden!

We also took a boat ride along the river in one of these boats. It was just before dusk and we got to watch the sun set.

When we got on the boat, this big fish was hanging out beside the boat. I pointed it out to one of the boys working on the boat and he caught it in this basket!! He was very excited - it probably was his supper that evening!

Other boats along the river....

A Vietnamese community on the other side of the river. I think I'd enjoy living right on the water like that!

Comments

Popular Posts