Globalization

Although the topic of globalization doesn't sound very interesting, it gave me a very unique opportunity to share a story from the Bible with intermediate adult class!

I was explaining what globalization means and how we're learning to function as a global community due to advances in language, technology, travel, etc. As I was explaining that English seems to be the language that many people are learning and using to communicate for business purposes, it's quickly becoming a global language. And that reminded me about the story in the Bible about the Tower of Babel. I'm pretty sure it was God that brought it to my mind!

So I shared it with them. I told them that the world used to be one large global community, all speaking the same language. But as the people gained knowledge, they forgot about God and became selfish. They decided to build a huge tower to exalt themselves. They wanted to prove that they didn't need God. And as God saw this all happening, He knew it wasn't good, so He confused their languages and as a result the people dispersed throughout the world. That's why we have so many different languages around the world today!

It was neat to have a Bible story pop into my mind that fit in with my lesson. I know it was a God-inspired thought!

Comments

Popular Posts