The Princess's Arrival!
It was Graduation weekend here Mission College this past weekend. It started off on Friday night with Vespers in the Church. And all day of Sabbath various programs were planned for the graduates and their families to enjoy. The church was beautifully decorated for the occasion. 

Cars lined every street on campus!

There were various places all over campus that had been decorated so graduates could take pictures with their family and friends.



Although I didn't really know anyone who was graduating, I was looking forward to Sunday afternoon, the last part of the graduation weekend, in which the Princess comes to give out the diplomas! The campus was intricately decorated for her arrival. Flags, flowers, and hundreds of yards of material were used to decorate the path in which she would walk from her car to the auditorium.
These royal flags lined the streets for several kilometers all the way out to the highway.

...from the IT building up to the auditorium. I believe this part was lined with a red and gold carpet once she arrived.



This isn't the Princess - I wasn't allowed to take pictures once she arrived - but this is a picture of the view I had of her when she did arrive.

I got a shot of her escort cars coming down the hill onto campus before I was told to put my camera away. You can see that it was very high security with police men stationed all over.


My friend Valerie came for the graduation and stayed with me over the weekend. This is her playing with my kitty! Val lives out in Kanchanaburi and we will be heading out that way to visit her next weekend.

But it was Sunday morning when the Campus really began to come alive. By 7 a.m. there was a flurry of activity all over and people were coming and going everywhere! The street up to the dorms had even turned into a mini market as food was being sold and gifts and flowers could be bought for the graduates. 
One of the many "bouquets" that could be purchased

Cars lined every street on campus!

There were various places all over campus that had been decorated so graduates could take pictures with their family and friends.



Although I didn't really know anyone who was graduating, I was looking forward to Sunday afternoon, the last part of the graduation weekend, in which the Princess comes to give out the diplomas! The campus was intricately decorated for her arrival. Flags, flowers, and hundreds of yards of material were used to decorate the path in which she would walk from her car to the auditorium.
These royal flags lined the streets for several kilometers all the way out to the highway.

...from the IT building up to the auditorium. I believe this part was lined with a red and gold carpet once she arrived.

Finally, the auditorium. Only invited guests could get into the auditorium, the rest of us watched from TV's outside. The auditorium was also specially decorated by the princess's "people." Everything on the stage that she touched was gold, even the microphone!


This isn't the Princess - I wasn't allowed to take pictures once she arrived - but this is a picture of the view I had of her when she did arrive.

I got a shot of her escort cars coming down the hill onto campus before I was told to put my camera away. You can see that it was very high security with police men stationed all over.

The Princess is sort of a "Princess Diana" to the people of Thailand.... very deeply beloved. Even though she's the ex-wife of the Prince, she is still very highly honored and continues to be considered as royalty.
A huge generator truck was brought in to supply extra electricity for all that was going on around campus!

My friend Valerie came for the graduation and stayed with me over the weekend. This is her playing with my kitty! Val lives out in Kanchanaburi and we will be heading out that way to visit her next weekend.








Comments