A Trip to the Market
I've been wanting to write this blog for a long time - and I finally got around to it, with mere days left of my time here in Thailand :( This is one of those blogs that will show you "real-life" Thailand, but I WARN you... some of the pictures are not exactly "cute", but rather somewhat graphic. Proceed at your own risk.....


Plenty kilos of durian....for me!!
Many things are packed in bags like this with air inside to cushion it, I guess.

I enjoy just milling around with the local people and taking in the sights, sounds and smells....and of course, I do my shopping too!

And now, for the exciting stuff...... (ready?)


These are just a few of the sights to be seen at any of the markets, not to mention the catfish that are flopping around in buckets splashing water everywhere, fried bugs, whole roasted ducks, chicken feet, pig ears, and whatever else might be considered edible!
I'll end on a good note: "cha yen" or Thai ice tea..... served in a bag with a straw! My favorite!
The morning market....right in the center of Muaklek

The vegetable lady where I usually get my veggies from

Plenty kilos of durian....for me!!
Many things are packed in bags like this with air inside to cushion it, I guess.

I enjoy just milling around with the local people and taking in the sights, sounds and smells....and of course, I do my shopping too!

And now, for the exciting stuff...... (ready?)
Lots of seafood to choose from...
BBQ-ed baby octopi on a stick


Poor, poor froggies..... what an awful way to die.
These are just a few of the sights to be seen at any of the markets, not to mention the catfish that are flopping around in buckets splashing water everywhere, fried bugs, whole roasted ducks, chicken feet, pig ears, and whatever else might be considered edible!I'll end on a good note: "cha yen" or Thai ice tea..... served in a bag with a straw! My favorite!
















Comments
Thanks for the tour of the markets. Fascinating!
Hey do you think we'll go all silent with our blogs once we get back to North America, like Grant, and Brit and Bev and basically everyone else did? Do you suppose it's so boring there that there really isn't anything to blog about anymore? Or is it that busy? Either way. . .I'm afraid. . . :(