Visiting Nate

Late April, while I was an ocean away, I got the bone-chilling email that my good friend (& 3rd cousin) Nathan had been in a serious motorcycle accident. At the time, things were looking grim and many prayers were being said on his behalf. By the grace of God, he was finally stabilized. Several weeks and many surgeries later, he was transferred to a rehab center in Centalia, WA..... So on my way to Portland last weekend, I got to stop in to see him!

It was a beautiful day, and I was waiting out on the patio for his nurse to bring him out after his therapy. When they wheeled him out, he threw up his one working arm in a warm greeting as he cheerfully said, "Mai!!" in the same way that he always greets me! It was so good to hear his voice and to know that he recognized me!

It had been 2 years since I had seen him last, so we spent over an hour just chatting and catching up on life. I left feeling so blessed that God had spared life. He has been making such a speedy and miraculous recovery.... only something God Himself could accomplish! I know that God has special plans for him and I look forward to watching how God will use him to touch others!

I visited him on July 1st - Canada Day - so I took him some stuff to he could properly celebrate...since he's half Canadian!

Soon the neck brace and "turtle shell" (body cast) should be off and he's already starting to learn to walk again!!

Cheese!!

Comments

La Tea Dah said…
How fun! Nate looks SO good --- and it's fun and reassuring to witness the fact that his true self has returned! Praise God!

LaTeaDah

Popular Posts