The Pretty Hill??

Perhaps Loma Linda lives up to it's name (Pretty Hill) in the spring when things are a little greener, but the reason I go down there every summer is not to enjoy the landscape..... rather, to spend time with my best friend, Sarah Jane. Once again, I had a wonderful time visiting her!


I got to try surfing for the first time..... I think it's a good idea if I take some lessons before I get out there again. I paddled out, turned around and started paddling back in when I saw the big wave coming.... I caught the wave, but then had no idea what to do, so I just rode it all the way in! I'll definitely give it another go after a lesson or two!!

We enjoyed lots of yummy food together..... including these yummy desserts! (Don't worry, we didn't eat them all by ourselves, we shared them with 2 guys)

I also got to go rock climbing with Britni and some friends!

Gearing up

Britni's first time climbing on a real rock face!

My last evening there, I got together with all my Saipan girls for dinner. What a great time we had!!

For old time's sake.....

Comments

Bev said…
Yay for Saipan reunions!
Sean said…
I felt so dumb taking surfing lessons in Hawaii. Some of the SMs who knew what they were doing were just hitting the waves and I felt like such a nerd going for lessons. But once I got out there with the instructor I was so glad I took the lessons. It actually made it a lot more fun.
Anonymous said…
mai, it's great to see you again. i'm glad that life is treating you well. take care.

Popular Posts