My Life At School
School started exactly a month ago... time to blog about it!!
When I showed up at the end of August, this is what my classroom looked like.... utter chaos.




Lots of work and a few days later, it was starting to shape up....
I got a desk and some bookshelves...

The new student desks hadn't arrived yet, so I set up these tables to use in the mean time. They made the classroom look homey-er and spacey-er, but it contributed to a massive amount of clutter during the first few days of school because the students didn't have anywhere to store things. I can't stand clutter.




This was the school-wide assembly on the first day. We have a total of 254 students - the highest enrollment for Adventist schools in our province/conference. It used to just be a k-10 school, but they've slowly been working towards completing the high school, and this is the first year that we have grade 12 students!!

7th grade is my homeroom class, and here they are - all 21 of them - hard at work. They're diligently searching their Bibles to answer questions for their Bible assignment.


I teach 3 6th grade classes - Math, Health, and Computers. This is them practicing their typing skills during Computer class. The Computer Lab is right next door to my classroom, which is extremely handy!

I also teach 10th grade Bible. Teaching high school is a little out of my playing field (even 7th grade is a little too), but it's a smaller class - only 13 students - and they're a good bunch of kids, I enjoy them!


These are some more shots of my 7th graders during art class. They're doing a "Warm Colors vs. Cool Colors" art project. Some of them are pretty artistic!






These are a few of the "Color Wheel" projects that they did last week. They had to create secondary and tertiary colors from the 3 primary colors and then create their own version of a color wheel or spectrum. Once again, I was impressed with their creativity!



Of course, this was my favorite with all those sea turtles!!

Here are a couple shots of the school grounds:
When I showed up at the end of August, this is what my classroom looked like.... utter chaos.




Lots of work and a few days later, it was starting to shape up....
I got a desk and some bookshelves...

The new student desks hadn't arrived yet, so I set up these tables to use in the mean time. They made the classroom look homey-er and spacey-er, but it contributed to a massive amount of clutter during the first few days of school because the students didn't have anywhere to store things. I can't stand clutter.


My bulletin boards....


This was the school-wide assembly on the first day. We have a total of 254 students - the highest enrollment for Adventist schools in our province/conference. It used to just be a k-10 school, but they've slowly been working towards completing the high school, and this is the first year that we have grade 12 students!!

7th grade is my homeroom class, and here they are - all 21 of them - hard at work. They're diligently searching their Bibles to answer questions for their Bible assignment.


I teach 3 6th grade classes - Math, Health, and Computers. This is them practicing their typing skills during Computer class. The Computer Lab is right next door to my classroom, which is extremely handy!

I also teach 10th grade Bible. Teaching high school is a little out of my playing field (even 7th grade is a little too), but it's a smaller class - only 13 students - and they're a good bunch of kids, I enjoy them!


These are some more shots of my 7th graders during art class. They're doing a "Warm Colors vs. Cool Colors" art project. Some of them are pretty artistic!






These are a few of the "Color Wheel" projects that they did last week. They had to create secondary and tertiary colors from the 3 primary colors and then create their own version of a color wheel or spectrum. Once again, I was impressed with their creativity!



Of course, this was my favorite with all those sea turtles!!

Here are a couple shots of the school grounds:
The 2 football teams getting ready for a practice. The tournament is coming up in a few weeks.







Comments
It's kind of weird (but a good weird) to teach in a school with so many resources, isn't it.