Youth Retreat

Last weekend, I had the privilege of accompanying some of the high school kids to a youth retreat camp-out. It was about 2 hours away at our Adventist campground. It was a great opportunity for me to get to know some of the high school students - since I only teach one 10th grade class, they're the only high schoolers that I know. Most of the kids that went on the camp-out were 9th grade girls, so I really got to know them well!!

Sabbath afternoon, we took them on a hike. I went with the group of kids that hiked up to the waterfalls. It was really just a walk, but to city kids, it was a hike!!


The girl in the forefront (with braces) is one of my 10th grade students.

They were seeing who could stay in the freezing-cold, icy mountain water the longest!

Although, more often than not, I wish I was anywhere but here, I still am proud to be Canadian!! :)

Comments

Popular Posts