A Season Forgotten

Autumn is here, and quickly moving towards winter. The sunny September days have given way to chilly October ones. And now I find myself in November with day after day of drizzling rain.

As the leaves began to turn several weeks back, I found myself in awe of it's beauty. In my 24 years of seasons past, I cannot bring to memory even one autumn. Perhaps where I grew up, we never had spectacular fall colors... or perhaps I never stopped to enjoy it. Either way, as a result, I never once missed the fall season while I was overseas in tropical climates. It never really crossed my mind.

But now, as I find myself bundled in layers to ward off the cold, I am doing my best to enjoy the autumn season and everything that comes with it.

One of my favorite memories so far, was just this past week. The wind was rudely gusting while the kids were outside for recess, and the leaves were being fiercely ripped off the trees that line the edge of the school yard. Several of the kids made a game out of it - they were running around wildly trying to catch the leaves before they hit the ground. It was quite amusing to watch!

Driving through Deer Lake Park on my way home from school.

Leaves, leaves, everywhere!

I am Canadian.

Despite the cool weather, we still have these flowers holding out as long as they can in our front yard!

...as well as this courageous little buttercup!


(Another shot of the drive through Deer Lake Park.... I think these are pretty cool!)

Comments

Sean said…
Gorgeous colors! It's our first fall in a long time too and we're determined to enjoy the beauty and ward off the chill!
What beautiful leave shots!
Anonymous said…
i cant believe you have no good autumn memories! fall is my favourite and probably what i miss the most here in cali! i am already wondering what its going to be like in saipain when i wont have any seasons! i love seasons!! Especially fall!! :) gorgeous pics! thanks for sharing!
love sj

Popular Posts