A Day at the Beach

Before heading down to Florida for Christmas, I made one thing very clear - I didn't care where we went, what we did or who we saw....as long as I got at least one trip to the beach.

Looking at the forecast, things didn't look too hopeful, but there seemed to be a bit of a warmer day on Wednesday, the day before New Year's Eve. So even though the air was a bit nippy in Orlando, we set off towards St.Petersberg for a day at the beach. After a 2-hour drive, we were all happy to get there..... (going to the beach is not supposed to take that long!!!)

Right where I belong....

Everybody was excited to be there...

Especially Ronald!

Staking out our claim...we made ourselves right at home!

Haha..... Royce threatened to throw my dad in!

An interesting discovery..... Beachcomber, help me out!!!

Let the fun begin....

We played lots of frisbee because the water was too cold to actually swim

Haha.... this is what I did most of the time!

Beach, Ocean, Sand between my toes..... Oh how I miss thee!!

A tiny little sand dune!

We got to see a dolphin (possibly 2) just off shore. If you click on the photos, you'll be able to see his fin in the distance!

It was no where in comparison to Saipan.... or even Thailand, but it was a day at the beach..... better than nothing!

Comments

Sean said…
I may not be the Beachcomber, but I believe I can be of assistance. That would be a horseshoe crab.

Wow, you've truly become an island girl. Good for you!

Great pics by the way. Is that your camera?
Anonymous said…
yay! i enjoyed catching up on all the blogs! looks like you had a great holiday! miss u! sj
Hey Mai! Great posts as always! The "little Guy" is adorable and growing so fast! Abu your cat looks like he's great entertainment! St. Pete beach is a wonderful spot. Sean's right - it's a horseshoe crab. Not dangerous or poisonous. Any chance of you coming back this way since like your whole family may be out here?!?!?!?! -- Sarah Jane & your bro and sis-in-law?!?! COME!!! :-)
xo, Crystal and Ken
The Beachcomber said…
I say Sean & Dr. Crystal are wrong! That, my friend, is an Alien Facehugger!!! Run for your life!!!

Nice catching up with you the other day, Mai ;)
Cris said…
beautiful pictures glad i found your blog

Popular Posts