Vacation Adventures
It was a pretty relaxing vacation...... which is never usually the case with my family! But I guess since it was at Ron & Tiff's house, they got to set the tone. We slept in late most mornings, had breakfast sometime before noon, if we were lucky, and simply took one day at a time. No set schedule. No agenda to follow. No list of things to accomplish. It was just the kind of vacation I needed!
Some days, we never left the house..... But some days, there were adventures to be followed! Here are a couple.....
One morning, Ron & Tiff woke us up "early" (8am) and got us all piled into cars heading towards a nearby State Park. But it wasn't just any State Park...... this one had a special attraction called "The Sugar Mill".
It used to actually be a mill where they processed sugar cane. The building is still the same building, and they had some other stuff left from it, such as old pieces of machinery.
Now, the old mill has been turned into a breakfast restaurant. I think everyone else had the same idea as us that morning..... because once we got to the park, we had to wait over 2 hours to be seated!! At least we got to enjoy the State Park while we hungrily waited!!
The beautiful surroundings....
Waiting patiently...
The water was warmer than the air.... 72 degrees :)
We were finally seated and really ready to eat!! It's a "make-your-own-food" kind of restaurant, like The Melting Pot. It was yummy and fresh off the grill!!



I like the way Brittany summed up the experience on her blog: "I wondered which was more significant: that the pancakes were hot and fresh, or that we were paying to make them ourselves."
Next adventure..... A leisure, afternoon outing to Mt.Dora - a cute little town near Orlando. We just sauntered along the streets, browsed the interesting-looking shops, and enjoyed the little bit of warmth that the breezes allowed to slip past them.
Looking down the quiet streets of Mt.Dora
We spent quite a bit of time in a little shop that sold all sorts of goods from all over the world. These amazing vases were hand-made in some place I had never even heard about... so beautiful!!


My other favourite stop was a Thomas Kincaid art gallery - my favourite artist. I wish I could live in one of his paintings!!
Later, Tiffany, Brittany and I stopped for afternoon tea. Hot tea and fresh scones... what more could a girl want?






Comments
I've only ever driven through there, never really spent any time. It looks nice though.
I like that we still always compare everything to Saipan! I wonder/hope it will always be like that.....