More Olympic Pictures...
These pictures are from Thursday night when I went down town to check things out with one of the other teachers at my school, and then more pictures from Sunday afternoon while the Gold medal hockey game was on......
The Olympic Rings, they had just turned gold, because Canada had won Gold in one of the events.
The Olympic caldron down on Waterfront.
The city really lights up at night!!
Robson Square - there's an ice rink down there that goes underneath the street to the other side where there is another dome like this.
It's true.
I got to hold the torch!! :p
The Official Olympic mascots. I don't know their names.... but my students are slightly obsessed with them!
This map shows where people came from all over the world. (I LOVE maps!!)
Of course, lots from all over North America.
But look!! Someone from SAIPAN!! (I was actually surprised to see that we actually made it onto the map!!)
Every night they have a light and lazer show - it was pretty cool.
Canadian flags can be spotted EVERYWHERE!
Along the water, people were making their own inukshuks - a symbolic Inuit figure.
Jared had fun making one too.
One of the many sites where a huge screen was set up so people could watch the action collectively.
Olympic Village where all the athletes stayed. (I love the way the clouds look in this photo!)
Um.... yeah. At least someone was cheering for the US! ;p
It wasn't all fun and games. The Police had their hands full with a group of rioters who were pretty much just being a nuisance......
Jared and Leslie showing their excitement
There was lots of cool art displayed down town. These lanterns were all made by school children across Canada.
More art....
This man was a gypsy dancer.
And yes, we DO have igloos in Canada! ;p
It turned out to be an absolutely beautiful afternoon - completely appropriate for the win we were about to make.
People zip-lining over the excitement. It was free, but the lines were about 6 hours long!
:D
A perfect view of the Olympic Cauldron on Waterfront, the skyline of North Vancouver (where I live), and the mountains across the inlet.
Jared and Leslie at the Cauldron
There were musicians and performers everywhere too. This guy was playing some sort of flute, a banjo, and a drum! Very talented!


Comments