A Trip Down Memory Lane
Last weekend, I had Friday off for "Olympic Break." I guess I was supposed to head downtown to take in the sights and sounds.... to enjoy the Olympics. But with a long weekend on my hands, and adventure itching my feet, I headed for Oregon once again.
It truly was a trip down memory lane. I got to see several old friends from college who I hadn't seen for 4-5 years. I got to see some precious friends from Saipan. And, I got to see my good friend Jere. Despite the 2 and a half years that have passed since we went our separate ways, we've kept in touch and remained good friends. It was really good to hang out again.
Here's a photo re-cap of the weekend....
My friend Rita with her little girl, Nadia
Jere, preparing for his Sabbath morning devotional talk for the girls at the boarding academy where he used to work.
....all the girls listening intently while he talks.
"Uncle" Jere playing with Nadia
She is too cute and so much fun! I loved it when she'd stick out her tongue like this!! :p
We spent a little time over on the Oregon Coast....which is probably one of my favourite places state-side! but I have no pictures of it. If you've never been there, you need to visit!
Attempting to take a photo before I headed up to Portland on Sunday morning.... it didn't work so well!
At least Jere's in the picture this time, but we're way washed out!
In Portland, I had the privilege of meeting up with some of my favourite people in the world! We met up for brunch, which actually ended up being lunch. If you want breakfast or brunch in Portland, you gotta wake up early!!
Waiting patiently for her food.....
You're gonna hurt your teeth! I'm gonna tell the Piersons!! ;p
I love these kids SOOOO much!! :)
..... and their momma too! It was so great to talk and catch up with Carol.
We had a lot of fun just strolling up the streets of Northeast Portland, window shopping and enjoying the sunshine!

We finally meandered over to Judith's place where she was having a moving sale. It was fun to just hang out, visit, and "help" her sell stuff.
Jude & her boyfriend Evan
Enjoying a super comfy chair in the sunshine
Jude playing around in between customers (the little guy is a kid she babysits).
Tali playing "dress-up" with Miss Judith's clothes that were sale.
Former roommates, forever friends!
There's nothing better than being in the company of good, old friends. That's what I believe long weekends were made for!!


Comments