CUC Weekend
Last weekend, I went out to CUC, my alma mater, with a group of 5 girls from the gymnastics team that I help coach. We were invited to do a short performance during the dedication of the new weight room. It was being dedicated to a lady named Gwen Bader. She had coached the other head coach of our gymnastics team, and she also was my camp director when I worked at summer camp several years back. So it was meaningful for both of us to be there.
The front of the gym.
The lobby
One of the upstairs classrooms that will be used for the Nursing program as soon as it all gets approved.
The new, beautiful weight room!
In honour of Gwen..... She lost her battle to cancer 2 years ago in March. She was an inspiration to many, and touched hundreds of lives as a teacher, camp director, and friend.
We took the girls around CUC since none of them had been there before. This is "The Cove", a student hang-out that has been created since I went to school. I wish it had been around when I was there because it would've been a great place to go between classes since I was an off-campus student.
They've also renovated the lobby of the Ad building. It looks great and my girls make it look even greater! ;)
And they've painted a lovely mural on the Cafeteria! Students may actually eat out there now...... if it wasn't always winter!
It's always great to go back.....

The cutting of the ribbon to officially open the gym.
Sabbath morning.... all dressed up and looking pretty for church.
At church, I got to see my good friend Rosalee and her adorable little boy!
He was showing me the cheerio on his belly....!
It also happened to be Graduation weekend, so I got to see my friend Nicolas graduate!
Sabbath afternoon we took the girls into Red Deer to go for a walk. We stopped at this playground and had lots of fun! This teeter-totter-type toy was the best!!
It was a great weekend all around - a great performance (which I don't have pictures of), a lovely time spent with the girls, and just plain nice to be back on my stomping grounds. I'll get to spend another 3 weeks out there this summer for summer classes - it's time that I start my Master's Degree.


Comments