Best Friend, DDS

Last weekend, I made my 4th annual trip down to California. The first trip had been a gift from my best friend, Sarah Jane, so I could visit her the summer after her first year in dental school and my first year in Saipan. Every summer after that, it was just naturally assumed that I'd visit. And as I kept making the trip, it seemed that there were more people I knew down there to visit - Britni, Bev, Jessica, Riki, and others from college.... This year, the trip was a little earlier because it was for Sarah Jane's graduation. It was a really quick trip, but it was so worth it to get to see old friends again and to be there for Sarah Jane's grad!

Britni picked me up from the airport and we went out for lunch at a Thai restaurant that was yummy, but still didn't compare to Spicy Thai.

Sabbath morning - Sarah Jane gave a fabulous speech

Erin & I were both bridesmaids in Sarah Jane's wedding

We had a big potluck lunch with a bunch of Sarah Jane's dental school friends. The view from the place where we had the potluck was spectacular.

It was definitely a potluck for dental students - even the ice in the punch bowl reflected that!


Sunday morning, I got to run with Jessica for old time's sake! It was great to run, chat, and reminisce.

Heading off to graduation!

We went extra early to get good seats.

Since her husband Bill graduated from dental school last year, he was able to hand her her diploma. You can see them both on the screen and in the lower right-hand corner.

The sun starting to set behind the church after the ceremony.

You did it!!

The family, except for Gayle (sister).

Lol..... my few moments as a dentist!

I love you and I'm so proud of you!!! The next time I'll see you is in Saipan, and we can wear pretty leis again! :)

Comments

love you friend :) great blog :D it was so so special to see you and have you there with me - you truly are family to us! cant wait to see you again in saipan!!!!
just jess said…
Mai, I'm so glad I got to see you for a bit! It was a good run =)
The Beachcomber said…
Awwwww! I miss you girls!

Popular Posts