Broken But Blessed
Driving along Canada's #1 highway on my way home from work on Monday evening. I had spent the day at the water slides with my gymnastics team and was ready to get home and wash the chlorine off my body. But that would not be how my evening would go. Traffic had slowed, then as the car in front of me started to accelerate, I followed suit.... or at least I meant to. I could hear the engine revving, but there was no power. I had just enough momentum to coast to the shoulder and out of the way of traffic. I was so thankful it was an area along the highway that actually had a wide enough shoulder - only several meters before or after, and I would've been hooped. I know God was looking out for me.
My next dilemma was that I didn't know what to do. All of my immediate family was out of the country, so I didn't even have anyone to call for advice. So I decided to call up a friend from church who happens to be a mechanic. He was able to guess what the problem might be based on my description - broken axle - and suggested that I have it towed to his house so he could work on it for me. Again, I knew God was taking care of me through the help of a friend.
After getting towed to my friend's house, he looked it over to assess the damage before driving me home. He asked how I would get to work the next day, but as we pulled up in front of my house, he saw the answer. Since both my parents and my brother are in South America, their cars are parked at my house, so I have a choice of cars I can drive until mine is fixed... blessing #3!
As I was getting ready for bed, I heard my phone chime with the familiar sound of a text coming in. It was my upstairs neighbours checking to see if I was okay since they noticed my car wasn't back yet so late at night. Again, I knew that God was looking out for me through my caring neighbours.
Maybe God just wanted to remind me of how much He loves me..... He definitely found a unique way to do it! :)


Comments
Thanks for sharing your blessings. Recently my car broke down also and is not fixed yet, but a friend who is out of town has let us borrow her car. Praise God for the blessings in our life. Ronald