When God Writes Your Love Story
When God writes your love story.... yes, I know that's the name of a book, but I'm borrowing it because no title could be more fitting for this post.
One might think that a single mom automatically has the odds against her, but not when she's got God on her side! And that's exactly what my friend Rosalee had going for her.
I remember when Rosie first told me that she was dating Grant. I thought to myself, "This must be quite the guy, that he's able to see past a single mom with a little boy to see her for who she really is." And when I met him last summer, it confirmed how great of a guy Grant is. I could see how much he loved, not just Rosie, but also her little boy. I knew right then that God had His hand in it and that this beautiful story was just beginning.
On July 11, I had the privilege of witnessing the beginning of their new life story together. It was one of the most beautiful weddings I've been to, not because of the flowers or the dresses (although all of those things were absolutely lovely), but because of the evidence of God's presence there. It was so reassuring that, yes, we fall down and we make mistakes, but He is always there to pick us up and offer us a better life.
What a story of hope and restoration!!
Here come's the bride....



The new family - so happy together!

College friends! They were absolutely stunning!

Fun reception game - who is most likely to...... wake up grumpy... take out the trash... manage the money...
Cutting the cake - Yum!

Rosie and I took many classes together in college and worked on lots of assignments and projects together. Brad and Grant grew up out in Saskatchewan together and went to the same church for many years.

What a beautiful moment!! So happy for you!! :)

Chasing rainbows on the drive home.....


Comments