Hike to Big White
I spent last weekend in Kelowna with my parents and brother before finally heading back to Vancouver. I was gone for the majority of my summer - 6 weeks - and I was getting a little anxious to get back to all the things awaiting me here (like packing to move and preparing for school).
The few days that I spent in Kelowna were a blur of sewing, packing, and visiting relatives. But Sabbath was an enjoyable, slow-paced day. After church, we headed up to Big White, one of Canada's best ski resorts. In the winter, it's a buzzing little ski-in/ski-out community with huge piles of snow every where! But in the summer....... it's almost like a ghost town, a peaceful and picturesque get away from the busy valley.
Several people from a couple of the valley's churches gathered for a Sabbath afternoon hike - there were about 20 of us - and it was a right perfect afternoon for a hike!
The view from where we parked, getting ready to head up.
Starting out
These huge rocks are completely covered by snow during the winter.... you wouldn't even know that it's there!
Such a spectacular view - the clouds were just amazing!
Lots of beautiful wildflowers!
I loved the soft, red, grass-stuff!
An eagle circling it's prey
Edgar, picking low-bush huckleberries
Yum! Popping a whole handful into your mouth is the perfect blend of sweet & tartness!
Part of the way up...
Some went on further than others.....
Sometimes, I'm amazed at how much beauty can be found in this world.....


Comments