The Land of Living Skies
As soon as summer school was over, I headed even further into the heart of the prairies to Saskatchewan. The drive out there was spectacular and rejuvenating after spending the past 3 weeks cooped up in a classroom. These photos are evidence as to why Saskatchewan is dubbed "the land of living skies".....
The vastness of the wide-open prairie is soothing for the soul. There's a feeling of openness and freedom. Nothing stopping you, no obstacles in your way. And this boundless land has created a unique culture that is demonstrated by its genuine, warm and open people.
Despite the typical flatness that most people equate Saskatchewan with, I think you'd be surprised at some of the treasures that can be found, like the lake nestled in a valley just a few kilometres from Brad's family farm. They hide their treasures well and enjoy them without reservations!
Almost as soon as I arrived, we headed down to the lake with the sea-doo in tow. It was my first time ever riding and driving a sea-doo..... it's so much fun! We were down at the lake 4 out of the 5 days I was there, and it was usually almost dark by the time we pulled the sea-doo out of the water!
On Sabbath afternoon, there was a huge group of family and friends down at the lake for a barbecue and to enjoy the perfectly sunny day.
This is Brian, Brad's crazy-fun best friend....
Danny, Brad's brother, and his girlfriend Brittany enjoying the sea-doo
Brian's dad had the boat out, taking people tubing and wake boarding. He's a pretty wild driver which makes for pretty wild rides!

A day at the lake wouldn't be complete without a sandcastle.....
Lots of fun times and good memories were made here!
All the family and friends that had gathered were there for Ila & Shawn's wedding (Brad's cousin). The wedding was held at her family farm where she grew up. It was the perfect setting and absolutely beautiful!
The happy new couple - Mr. & Mrs. Wadsworth!
Time always escapes too quickly! Monday morning meant I was back on the road headed back to Alberta. Again, the drive was magnificent, but I was sad to be driving away from the limitless land of living skies.


Comments