Mercies

I recently came across this short poem:

"My Father, what am I that all
Thy mercies sweet like sunlight fall
So constant o'er my way?
That Thy great love should shelter me,
And guide my steps so tenderly
Through every changing day?"






It reminded me of the verses in Lamentations 3,
"The Lord's love never ends;
his mercies never stop.
They are new every morning;
Lord, your loyalty is great." (NCV; v.22,23)

Such a good reminder...... Who am I? Nobody. It's only because of God's love and kindness that I am given life each day. It's nothing that I've done, and I definitely don't deserve it. But God is faithful and we can trust Him to show us His mercies every morning.

Comments

Sean said…
Loving these short, pithy blogs you've been posting of late, Mai. Great stuff!

Your post reminds me of a song we've been listening to in my class this week, called "He Still Loves Me." Catchy gospel tune sung by Beyonce no less with lyrics that reflect a similar sentiment to your post. Check it out!

Popular Posts