Thoughts

I wish my brain was hooked up to wireless internet so that I could upload my thoughts at any desired time. There are moments - when I'm sitting in traffic, in the shower, in the brief moments before I fall asleep at night, or especially when I'm out on a long run - that I have significant thoughts that I wish I could record or blog about. However, when I sit down to write, it's like my computer has a magnetic field that repels my deepest thoughts..... or sometimes, there are just too many thoughts at once and the words come out in a tangled mess.
A while back, I happened upon a website called 750 Words. The idea behind it is that if you take time first thing in the morning to empty out all the random things rolling around in your head, then your mind will be clear to focus on other things throughout the day. Artists/writers supposedly use this uncensored, unedited activity to help get their ideas flowing. I think this could become a useful part of my morning devotions (if I have enough time!), because often I have a hard time focusing on what I'm reading or praying about because the loose thoughts roaming my head keep distracting me.

It's worth a try, and hopefully it'll help refine some of my thoughts worth sharing!

Comments

Sean said…
Somehow you manage to sort through all those thoughts and put some pretty good ones here on your blog! :)

Popular Posts