Back Where It All Began.....
It was the summer of 2005. I had gone back to Saskatchewan to work at Camp Whitesand, a place that I had fallen in love with upon a brief encounter a few years prior to that. Everything about it appealed to me - the endless sky, the relaxed prairie pace, and the small, family feeling that existed at the camp.
It's not a huge camp, like the one here in BC that I grew up going to each summer for campmeetings, but it's got a special beauty of it's own that had lured me back.
A peaceful morning down by the dock...
A stunning sunset over the lake
I learned to wakeboard on those waters
That summer, I worked down at the high-ropes course. I was one of several high-ropes instructors, and I spent a good portion of time down there each day. I loved being in a harness all day!
My domain...
One of my fellow instructors, Jeri-Lynn, and I.... hanging out, waiting for kids to come down.
The reason I'm reminiscing about all this is because that's where "it all began". That's where I met Brad for the first time! At the time (and several other times over the years), I thought to myself, "Hmm..... He is such a good guy!" But timing is everything, and it just wasn't the right time. Nonetheless, we still enjoyed working together and the friendship that had begun.
Teamwork! Working together to climb "Jacob's Ladder". (The higher you go, the further the rungs are apart, requiring 2 people to make it to the top.)
We made it! :)
Here's few other fun photos from that summer...... If I remember correctly, this was a Sunday afternoon durning the first weekend of campmeeting and we were waiting down by the horses for the hayride to start.....
Horse kisses!
I got to name the little foal, Raindrop, and that's her mom.
Although I thought very highly of Brad and really liked the kind of person he was and was striving to be, I never imagined at the time that, 5 years later, we would end up dating. But, we stayed in touch over the years and maintained a friendship that has lead us to where we are now. Like I said, timing is everything.....


Comments