Home for Christmas

I've lived in several places in my 25 years, and wherever I am is always home. But there's one place that will always be "home" to my heart. It's the place where I felt I did the most growing of my adult life thus far. It's the place that shaped me into who I am today in so many ways. It's a tiny island in the middle of the Pacific.

Ever since knowing that my brother & sister-in-law, and my best friend & her husband were all moving to Saipan, I had been planning to go visit at Christmas. Finally, last week I was able to purchase my ticket and make it official! I'll be home for Christmas :)

No matter where I am, I think Saipan will continue to keep drawing me back. Besides, "the world is too small for us to neglect the only places where we feel truly alive" (Malika Oufkir). Saipan is "my place".

Comments

so excited to see you!!! yay :D
Brittany Wren said…
It's nice to know there's a place that is just yours that is home. I'm glad you get to go back. Does it make the world and your memories of that place feel a little more accessible? I sometimes I will be able to come back to Peru, too.
jc said…
Yeah!!! I'm so excited for you and for your brother and Tiffany. Btw, I like your quote about not neglecting the places where we feel alive. I'm already daydreaming about a return trip to Thailand.
Sean said…
Jealous.
well said. xo
just jess said…
so Jealous.

Popular Posts