Intricate Layers

It seems that our lives are made up of a system of intricate layers, woven together by the things we do, the places we go, and the people we meet along the way. Every experience ties into one of those layers or a new layer must be created. We find ourselves in a state of imbalance until each experience is tucked away in one of these layers.


The difficulty arises when a pre-existing layer is unexpectedly uprooted. Where are all the thoughts, feelings, and ideas that belong on that layer supposed to go? A new layer just can't simply replace the one that previously existed. So, I supposed, we must remain in that state of imbalance until those thoughts and emotions eventually drift off and disappear, allowing us to return to a new state of equilibrium.

The thing I long for the most right now is the very thing I cannot do - run. That layer has been stripped away too, but hopefully only for a time.

Comments

Sean said…
Praying for you, Mai. Can't wait to see you next week and catch up!

Popular Posts