Sick Day
It's 2am and I can't sleep....... perhaps blogging will help. I've been up for the past hour trying to resist the urge to throw up - this has left me exhausted and my throat raw from all that stomach acid. Ever since I woke up with the need to vomit, the only thought in my mind has been about my students and if I should call in sick or not.......
I've never called in sick before. Ever. I've been away on a school day and made substitute-teacher plans ahead of time. Since this was a planned event, I had time to tidy my desk, prep the students and leave everything perfect for the sub. Last year, I came home half-way through the day because I almost passed out in class. Luckily, I made it to the office in time. I was sent home and someone was able to cover my last few classes of the day. But that's the closest I've been to "calling in" sick.
The hardest part about calling in sick is relinquishing the control of my classroom. There are things that I wanted.... needed.... to accomplish today, but I know it won't happen under even the most capable sub. I feel a little more stressed out about all the extra work I'll have to do to catch up after a sub is in my classroom, but I think that's what got me here in the first place - stress. The past several weeks have been pretty over-the-top stressful, so maybe a day off to rest and de-stress is just what I need.


Comments
Christmas will be a much-needed break. I'm really looking forward to it! :)
I've taken four days already this year and they're all connected to Elijah!