American Thanksgiving

I don't have a lot to say tonight. It's late. I'm tired. It's been a super long, stressful week including extra meetings, deadlines, evaluations, middle school "drama", end of the term (which means trying to get in all the students' missing assignments - not an easy task!), and an attempt at Christmas shopping. But, I must blog about my whirlwind of a trip last weekend - 12 hours of driving for 36 hours of quality time with some very important people in my life. Totally worth all that driving!

I was so delighted that they waited until I arrived at 7pm on Friday night to have Thanksgiving dinner. I didn't think they would wait - they didn't have to - but I was glad that they did!

The weekend wasn't overly eventful, but it was so great! We ate, talked, laughed, shared memories of the "good ol' days", and just enjoyed being together.


Part of the Paez clan

Judith & I with one of our former students

These popsicles were a result of an unfortunate turn of events, but we all enjoyed them anyways.

Just chillin'

I love this girl!
The best part of the weekend was just being with good friends and having quality conversation. Catching up with Carol & Barbara, reconnecting with Judith, and exchanging teaching tips and ideas with Sean, reminded me how important it is to be surrounded by really good people. I have good people here too, but I miss my Saipan people!

Comments

Sean said…
Great pictures of some good times, Mai. I can't believe I only have ONE photo of you (and Judith) from our visit. And it's not like we can just take one next week! We're gonna have to wait a whole nother year to get pictures of us all together! :(

It was so great of you to drive down though and it was nice to catch up. It's so nice to see these Saipan friendships continuing to thrive with the passing of the years.

Popular Posts