Favourite Place in the World

Saipan is my home, but once I get here there's one place that is my absolute favourite. I love watching the sunrise from Bonzai or chilling at Micro Beach or exploring down at Forbidden Island, but none of those places compare to Mañagaha, the tiny tourist island just off the western coast of Saipan. It's the most peaceful (when the tourists aren't there!) and relaxing place I've ever happened upon.

I was priveliged to get to go camping on Mañagaha Wednesday night until Thursday afternoon. I went with the SDA teachers and it felt like I was one of them again! With the exception of being in the water for hours on Thursday morning, the highlight of the trip for me would have to be seeing shooting stars while roasting marshmallows and being serenaded by music. It was very memorable!

Waiting on the dock for the boat

Newly painted, the Coral Queen looks great!

Clouds over Mañagaha

Our tent (look familiar, Sean?)

The view from our tent.....

The fabulous island sunset.....

Morning sunshine

Eating breakfast

Enjoying the incredible water!
I just couldn't get out of the water, it was too amazing!

The snorkelling was great - lots of beautiful fish, several baby sharks, and even an eagle ray (another highlight!)!!

See it?


Stunning.

To end the day, we met up with John at the Garlic Restaurant. Mmmmmmm...... roasted garlic, dipped in salt, then wrapped in a sesame leaf..... sooooooo good!!

For a little bit of excitement, I tried some of John's "poki" ....Hawaiian-style sashimi, or something. It wasn't too bad! :)
(Video coming soon!)

Comments

Sean said…
Ah yes, the tent we bought for Elijah. Who knew one baby needed so much room?

Managaha is probably my favorite Saipan place too!

Popular Posts