The Ocean is Mine

Early morning sunshine.
Slight ocean breeze.
Bright orange boat.
Load up the gear.
Head south toward Tinian.

Salty ocean spray.
Fifteen-foot swells.
The bluest of blues.
Dolphins racing along side.
Ever nearing the dive site.

Anchor the boat.
Weights. BCD. Regulator. Mask. Fins.
Final checks.
Roll backward over the edge.
Time to descend.

A whole other world.
So much to discover.
Stimulation around every corner.
Beauty a photo can barely capture.
Unparalleled, must be experienced for yourself.


Setting up gear on the dock

Here comes our boat

Ready to go!

First dive - Flemming, Tinian - playing with a starfish

My turn to hold it!

It was our lucky day - we saw several cast members from the movie Finding Nemo....

Marlin & Nemo

Dory

Gill

Bubbles

Even jellyfish!
(I didn't actually see it, but Ron got a photo of it)

Sarah Jane got sea-sick and ended the first dive early. This is where she sat the remainder of the trip :(

In between dives, we went into Pirate's Cove to snap a few pics. The cove was only slightly wider than the length of the boat, so turning around was tricky, especially with the surge, but Scott - our captain - is highly skilled and did a great job!

Heading back out of the cove

Second dive - Tinian Grotto
Bill, are you turning my air off???

Ronald......

He let me have the camera for a bit, so the next few shots are mine.....

Crown of Thorns starfish - extremely poisonous to humans & destructive to the reef
(the colours are washed out, but it was a vibrant green & purple)

Traditional post-dive lunch..... tacos at Olei's! Yum! :)

What a fabulous day! I love the underwater world. I feel like God created the ocean for ME! I love singing praise songs in my head while I'm diving because it's the most awe-inspiring sanctuary to worship God in!

(Videos will be posted once I'm back in Canada with faster internet.....)

Comments

Sean said…
Wow, great dive! I'm enjoying your blogs so much, Mai. I'm so happy for you and I love seeing you enjoy Saipan so much. I'm just so glad you got to go back!
Sean said…
I like the poetry too!
Great dive shots! We've never been to pirated cave! looks cool! Nice shots from church and hiking too. We're glad you're having such a nice time :) We miss you!
highway_man said…
awesome! cant wait to go :) also: oleais FTW!

Popular Posts