Tank Swim, Sugar Dock & PauPau

There are a lot of great people on this island. Today, I had the privilege of being reunited with two super great people - "Uncle Denis & Aunt Judy" - my former dive instructors.


Ron & I hung out at Sugar Dock for a while while Dennis & Judy's current dive class (my sis-in-law & some other SM's) geared up and got ready for a confined water dive to work on their skills.

While waiting around, I couldn't resist spending a little time with Rusty, as a memento to the many hours and all the good times......

The view from the back of Rusty

This is the life.....

While the others were diving, Ron & I headed over to do the tank swim. Let's sum it up by saying - tank swim sans snorkel: not highly recommended on a moderately choppy day. But I went, I saw, I conquered. There was no sitting and chatting on top of the tank until the sun sank low on the horizon, but it was still the tank swim and I'm glad I did it.

What I can do with one arm.....

.....my brother has to do with two! :p

Okay. I admit. I'm kinda a scuba-junkie. After Dennis & Judy were finished their training sessions for the day, they offered the equipment to us to use up the last bit of air in the tanks. So with only 50 bar of pressure in my tank (Ron had about 150 bar), we headed up to PauPau hoping to squeeze in a mini-dive. It was more like glorified snorkelling, because the water was only 5-8 feet deep! But I'd so much rather dive than snorkel, any day!

Word of advice: don't try smiling with a mask on.
Not worth it.

Some of the pics from our mini-dive:

!!!

The way the fish see the sky...

Comments

~marci~ said…
I can't believe that old tanker is still there and has not rusted away. I can relate to old Rusty. I owned a Datsun that had "4 wheels and a steering wheel" Couldn't use the trunk...there wasn't one :p
Lovin' your pics! Such memories!
Sean said…
Once again, last photo was a really nice touch.

Glad to see Rusty is still truckin'.

Popular Posts