Finale
Time flew by too quickly. I didn't want the last day to come. However, disregarding my wishes, the day arrived promptly at the crack of dawn, but I was up before it. Upon Virle's suggestion, we headed up to Mt. Tapochau to watch the sunrise..... or at least attempted to.
Silvia, Virle & I in the back of Rusty, heading up Tapochau
The first problem was that Rusty was having some trouble..... there's one place where the road has gotten really bad with ruts more than a foot deep, strewn haphazardly up a steep incline. David isn't a quitter, but try as he might, he just couldn't get Rusty up that one stretch of road. It might have something to do with the baldness of the tires and the fact that one back tire is too big and the other back tire is too small. Poor Rusty!
Since Rusty wasn't gonna get us to the top, we decided that if we wanted to get to the top, we'd have to walk. Already being 2/3 of the way up, it wouldn't take very long. I decided to run the last 2 inclines, arriving at the top first with a few moments to myself on the very top. It was a good few moments.
The other problem was that, although the sun was beginning to rise on every other part of the island, Tapochau was enveloped in fog! So we sat and waited..... and waited..... and waited.....
Despite occasional bits of pessimism (mostly from David), the fog would part for brief moments allowing us to see the spectacular sunrise that was adorning the rest of the island.
At last, the fog broke for good and, even though the sunrise was long gone, I was able to get a good final look at my island.
My partners in adventure.....
(Joeie & Tina not pictured)
This is where we had to leave Rusty..... these pictures don't even begin to show how bad the road is! (And yes, those black marks are from Rusty's failed attempts.)
Rusty's new "owner"
After returning home and showering, we met up for breakfast at Coffee Care.

The result of our pedicure....
The day wouldn't be complete without spending some time at the beach. We only had a bit of time before I needed to clean up and pack, but I was glad I was able to squeeze in a few more moments in the sand and sun!
Sarah Jane & Maggie
To end the day, we went to 360 to watch the sunset....
Tiff & I dressed up in our matching dresses that were made for us :)

Last stop of the day...... Saipan International Airport :(
I miss you already, Saipan. But I know, that even though I didn't ring the bell this time, I will be back! :)



Comments