Frustrations
How long was Jonah in the belly of that big fish? 3 days. Everyone knows that, right? Most people who were raised with the story of Jonah & the whale take that information for granted.
But what about Jonah? He didn't know that he'd only be in there for 3 days. It was wet, stinky, and probably downright nauseating. There was no light at the end of the tunnel. It was complete and utter darkness. As far as he knew, this was it for him; simply a matter of time before the digestive system ran it's course.
We know what happens next for Jonah. We can see the light at the end of the tunnel (or at the top of the throat), because we know how the story ends. Three days in the belly of a whale doesn't seem so bad, because we know he lives to tell this amazing tale.
It's not always easy to remain positive when you're sitting at the bottom of a stinky hole, with seemingly no way out or even a ray of hope. The trial seems endless. But it isn't. Eventually a solution will come along to rectify the hopeless situation - you'll find yourself vomited up on to the beach, saturated in whale saliva, but the sky is blue and the sun is shinning!!!
Life seems to be surrounding me with frustration after frustration. One step forward, a billion steps back. Drama at work. Restlessness. Personal choices. I think even a little depression from the constant cloudiness. Some days seem endless, hopeless, dark and discouraging. But I know it won't last forever. I can smile because I know there's sunshine behind those clouds, just waiting to shine on me!! :)


Comments
Yeah, the dead of winter kinda sucks. I too have taken comfort in knowing that spring is inevitable.
I'll keep you in my prayers. Wish you could come down to Florida for the half-marathon at the end February!