A Message from the Mailman
As I pulled the mail out of the mailbox yesterday evening, balancing several items while I tried to unlock the front door, I noticed a short note scrawled across one of the bills: "There is a very deep hole on the south side of your house." Strange, I thought to myself, who would write that? Must've been the mailman..... Since it was well past dark, I figured it could be checked out later. Besides, it was probably a little hole that the neighbour's dog dug. How deep could it really be?
When my roommates arrived home, I told them about the mysterious note and we decided to go take a look. Sure enough, there is a very deep hole on the south side of our house...... with stagnant water at the bottom of it! These pictures don't even really capture the depth of it.....




Upon realizing how deep the hole really is, I erupted into a bout of laughter. My roommates seemed puzzled until I shared the image in my head with them: the mailman must have been crossing the lawn (instead of using the sidewalk), and unbeknownst to him, there was a sinkhole just waiting to be stepped in! One moment he's walking across our soggy, half-dead lawn; the next moment, he's past-his-knee deep in a puddle of water! It's terrible, I really shouldn't laugh, but can you imagine how funny that would've looked like if anyone saw it!! I hope he's okay!
We called our landlords and they're gonna take a look at it today, but in the meantime, if you're walking across our lawn (instead of using the sidewalk), just remember that there's a very deep hole on the south side of our house!
When my roommates arrived home, I told them about the mysterious note and we decided to go take a look. Sure enough, there is a very deep hole on the south side of our house...... with stagnant water at the bottom of it! These pictures don't even really capture the depth of it.....




Upon realizing how deep the hole really is, I erupted into a bout of laughter. My roommates seemed puzzled until I shared the image in my head with them: the mailman must have been crossing the lawn (instead of using the sidewalk), and unbeknownst to him, there was a sinkhole just waiting to be stepped in! One moment he's walking across our soggy, half-dead lawn; the next moment, he's past-his-knee deep in a puddle of water! It's terrible, I really shouldn't laugh, but can you imagine how funny that would've looked like if anyone saw it!! I hope he's okay!
We called our landlords and they're gonna take a look at it today, but in the meantime, if you're walking across our lawn (instead of using the sidewalk), just remember that there's a very deep hole on the south side of our house!


Comments