Thai Nostalgia

Last weekend when my parents were here, my mom brought be a treat - dragon fruit! As I took pleasure in this rare treat, it took me back to exactly 2 years ago when I was fresh off the plane in Thailand and experiencing this and many other new things for the first time.

Andrew modelling our first dragon fruit on our first day in Bangkok


As I reminisced, I really began to miss Thailand and the incredible experiences that are a part of life there. I miss all the fresh fruit..... going to the local markets..... the unique calls of the birds there...... riding side-sadle on the back of a motorbike, or riding it myself..... the friendly & polite people..... the slower pace of life..... I even miss the craziness of Bangkok!!

Jackfruit! One of my all-time favourites :)

A typical breakfast. Who wouldn't miss this?

Bustling Bangkok. So many people. How will we reach all of them?
The task seems impossible.....

Besides all the incredible fresh fruit and the wonderfully warm weather and the intriguing culture and the super--friendly people, I probably miss this the most.....

Comments

jc said…
Yay!!! Thailand!! I'm glad I got to share some of those first days with you guys.
Laura said…
I'm spending part of my Sabbath afternoon catching up on your recent blogging. How neat to see a post about your time here! Wish I could share some of the yummy fruit I ate just today. Or better yet, wish you could come for a visit. Have a great Sabbath!

Popular Posts