Alive

Life is meant to be lived - deeply, passionately, completely. It's a shame that so many people sleepwalk through life, merely floating along, hoping that things will get better but never really doing anything to initiate that change. When I was living in Saipan, my friend Sean would always joke about us "living the big life" because, even though we didn't have all the comforts and luxuries of North America (... sometimes we didn't even have power or water!), we had all the essentials for truly living - adventure, purpose, friendship, service.

Alive and embracing life!

The time that I've spent overseas has been the times in my life when I've felt the most alive. I felt that again while I was in Saipan over Christmas vacation. I felt most true to myself while I was there. I felt like I was living life the way it's meant to be lived. I felt like the real me was able to emerge. I felt alive!

I have to admit, I've kinda been floating for the past little while here in Vancouver, always waiting, dreaming and longing for the time when God will see fit to send me back to the mission field. But that's just wrong. I need to seek adventure, fulfil my purpose, enjoy friendship, and live service while I'm here!

I got a tempting email last week from the current principal in Saipan, basically asking what he needed to do to get me to come back. Oh, sooooo tempting....... But my reply was that he should just keep praying about it. If God wanted me there, He'd let me know, but for now, I need to be here, living deeply.... passionately..... completely! I'm working on it........

Comments

good thoughts (although you know we'd love to have you here :P) hope you're living life to the fullest! xx
jc said…
Funny, just yesterday I was telling a friend how I miss not being called to live overseas. I think I'm supposed to be in Florida, but I can't wait until God taps me on the shoulder and says, "Go again!"
Sean said…
I too, look forward to the day when God sends us out again. In the mean time, you nailed it. . .there's no time to waste. God is calling us to the Big Life right here and right now!

Let's catch up soon!

Popular Posts