Wrong Impression
Last week, I scored an awesome deal on a gel memory foam pillow. It boasted of "a deeper sleep that recharges you and gives you energy to take on the day." I was super excited to get it home and into a clean pillow case so I could try it out. As I slipped into bed that night, I felt my head sink into a comfortable position on the pillow. Ahhhh..... I thought to myself, this feels good! However, I then proceeded to lay there for the next hour waiting and longing to succumb to that "deeper sleep". Instead, all I could think about was the impression that I was creating in the foam's memory. Was it the right one? Is it the impression that I want to sleep in night after night forever? These silly notions kept pestering my thoughts, keeping that coveted deep sleep at bay. As a result, I ended up sleeping beside my new pillow all night instead of on it!
It turns out that memory foam reacts and responds to changes in temperature and pressure. As you move and change positions, it realigns itself. Here I thought that once it took note of my sleep position it would stay moulded in that position. I'm glad I'm not permanently bound to that first impression that my pillow made of me...... Or any others. I'm free to move and change and it's up to the world around me to realign itself when needed.


Comments