Deep Breath

It's been a month. Since I blogged or read a blog. Since I browsed Facebook to see what friends were up to. Since I watched a movie, or TV shows, or listened to secular music. A month can fly by quickly or seemingly last forever.

When I decided to take a little hiatus from all these pleasures, I thought it would feel like being submerged under water with no air supply. The first few days seemed a little strange, having a bit of extra time where I used to be on the internet or blogging, etc., but before I knew it, that time was being overfilled with other things and the days had turned into a week and then quickly into a month.

While being undistracted, I decided to study a book on prayer & the Holy Spirit in preparation for a conference that I was planning to attended over Easter weekend. At the conference, I was amazed how God had used those weeks before the conference to prepare my heart for the things I was going to encounter and experience. I'll be writing more about what I learned at the conference and during this time spiritual retreat later on.....

In short, I found it interesting that the time I thought would feel like I was oxygen deprived, turned out feeling like I had finally come up for air.

Comments

jc said…
I love it! You should read Hamlet's Blackberry: A Practical Philosophy for Building a Good Life in the Digital Age. The books starts out with a parable about a man who lives in a large room and gets tapped by everyone all the time in this room. Eventually, he decides to leave the room to find freedom.
Mai said…
I'll definitely check it out when I get a chance! Thanks for sharing!