Frustrations.

In theory, summer school is a good idea. In theory......

In practice, on the other hand, it's ridiculously intense and utterly exhausting. Three weeks straight of 7-8 hour school days, followed by another 4-8 hours of studying in the evening.

Today was particularly frustrating as we toiled away in our Methods & Materials of Research class. Three days in, we're up to our necks in research, but only have a vague idea of what we're doing (due to such a short period of time for the class there has barely been any lectures to teach us what we're supposed to know.....).

One artistically talented classmate portrayed her frustrations on the whiteboard...... she pretty much hit the target on the head.


Comments

Sean said…
I feel so blessed to have been able to work on my master's one class at a time throughout the school year. I think it would be really hard to jam it in the summer.

And "Research Methods and Materials"? That sounds especially daunting. I just took my research methods course and it was not one of my favorites.
Ronald said…
I Just caught up on your blog, thanks for sharing. I will be scared when I start my Masters Degree, hopefully in about a year from now.

Popular Posts