Lake Nakuru Game Reserve
On the last Sunday before my time at the orphanage was over, I got to spend the day down at the Lake Nakuru Game Reserve. The orphanage is located just outside of the town of Nakuru and on a clear day, one can actually see the lake from the orphanage. So, being that close, I couldn't not take a day to head down there!
The day started early, after a long sleepless night of wondering who was outside (the night before, we were told that there was the possibility of a murderer hiding out on the orphanage grounds!) But as we arrived at the game reserve and the sun started to come up, the worries started to ebb away and were replaced with images of beauty!
The morning couldn't have dawned any more beautifully!
Jack, the orphanage manager, was so kind to be my driver. His wife, Winnie (middle) and son, Graham came along, as well as one of the girls from the orphanage, Emily. She was one of the girls who braided my hair for me!
Here comes the parade of animals........ (most of them are pretty self-explanitory!)
A Dik dik! The smallest member of the gazelle family! (That's the best photo I got because he was hiding)
This is what they look like full-grown - so cute!!
(Photo borrowed from Wikipedia)

Giraffes are definitely one of my favourites!! Despite their size, they're so elegant and graceful!
We stopped to see a waterfall. I was quite surprised to see how brown it was because I'm used to crystal-clear Canadian waterfalls!
God made so many amazing and diverse animals! It was like a little taste of heaven to spend the day enjoying so many of His animals in such a short time and small space!


Comments