Stop. Complaining.

When I hear myself complaining about something, I try to stop right away because I know how much I don't like it when I hear other people complaining. The things that most people complain about are often things that other people wish they had*.....

The one that annoys me the most is when a group of women sit around complaining about their husbands: "I always have to remind him to put the toilet seat down!" "He never remembers our anniversary!" "He doesn't think about how his actions will affect me!" "He's always too tired to help clean up after I put in all the effort to cook the meal!" I could go on for several more paragraphs, but I'll spare you because you've heard it all too.

Those complaining sessions make my blood boil. Stop complaining and think about your life without that person or thing you're complaining about. Stop complaining and be thankful instead!

-----
* Don't think I'm sitting around wishing desperately for a husband. I'm not. It would be nice, but I'm not wasting my life way waiting for one. If/when I do have one, I'll be thankful for his presence in my life :)

Comments

Leanne said…
The toilet seat one...I always thought men have just as much right to complain about us on that one. BUT you never hear them complaining we left it down. It should really go both ways.
Sean said…
I have always tried to enjoy whatever stage I'm in in my life to the fullest. Every stage of life has blessings that you won't find again, once you pass on to the next stage. Singlehood, marriage, parenthood etc all have their unique joys and pleasures.

Life is precious.

Popular Posts