Word of Strength

Today, as I prayed for strength I found this verse, and I liked the way it was explained here:

"But He said to me, My grace (My favor and loving-kindness and mercy) is enough for you (sufficient against any danger and enables you to bear the trouble manfully); for My strength and power are made perfect (fulfilled and completed) and show themselves most effective in [your] weakness. Therefore, I will all the more gladly glory in my weaknesses and infirmities, that the strength and power of Christ (the Messiah) may rest (yes, may pitch a tent over and dwell) upon me!" 2 Corinthians 12: 9 (paraphrase)


I don't have to be strong, because God is offering me His strength. In fact, if I were strong on my own, I wouldn't have need of God or His strength. Thus, I can even boast, glory, and be thankful for my weaknesses (which are many), because it allows Him to be my strength and my power! These are beautiful words that calm my insufficient soul.

Wordle: 2 Corinthians 12:9

Comments

Popular Posts