Left Behind
It's easier to be the one doing the leaving. Not so easy to be the one left behind. I've done a lot of leaving. It's still sad to leave the ones you love, but the adventure that lies ahead is enough to take the edge off the sadness. Not so with being left behind - there's nothing to take the edge off. There's only a big, black hole in the place of the one who left.
One of my beautiful roommates left The BlueBird Nest last week. She wasn't just a roommate, helping to pay the rent. She was our resident baker & cupcake maker, an adventure-seeking companion, an inspiring artist, my running buddy, my constant source of puny one-liners, and so much more. She has left a huge hole in our hearts and lives. I can't wait for heaven, where these sorts of goodbyes will not ever be necessary again!
I love you and miss you, Liz!!! :'(
.......so many happy memories together!!!




Comments
Except when you're leaving Saipan. I remember years of watching people leave Saipan and amidst the sadness there was always this huge relief that it wasn't me. Until it was.