St. Mark's Summit

A few weeks back, on a gloriously sunny Sabbath, we decided to hike up to St. Mark's Summit.  It's part of the Howe Sound Crest Trail leaving from the Cypress Mountain ski area.  I'd never been up that way before so I really enjoyed the hike & the view from the top!!


Fun things to play on along the way!



First lookout point.
Also, my first picture with our new roommate, Vanessa :)




"Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High, will rest in the shadow of the Almighty." Ps.91:1



Up & onwards to the summit....



Almost there.....



And a bit of down before getting to the best lookout point.....



Finally!  Such a gorgeous view!





Cool things up on Cypress Mountain left over from the Olympics



One of the awesome things about Vancouver is that we can hike the mountains all day & then chill at the beach in the evening!




The downside is that the water is way too cold, but somehow, this time, I ended up actually swimming..... all the way to the island!  About half-way there, I thought I might freeze to death & drown right there, but I made it all the way!


......Just another awesome Sabbath afternoon adventure! :D

Comments

Popular Posts