Tears

I seem to be doing a million things these days...... School started off at a break-neck pace.  Those first few weeks that are usually a little easier and quieter didn't exist this year.  I, somehow, am involved in and in charge of more than I've ever been before.  In the middle school division, in which I teach, I'm the only full-time teacher that has taught in the division before - so trying to get everyone up to speed after such a major turn-over has been a huge undertaking.  And to top it all off, I'm taking an on-line class on the side, towards my master's degree.

There's a lot on my plate, and I've been managing it all pretty well, until today........ Someone asked me to do one more thing, and it was the straw that broke the camel's back.  My whole confident, super-woman, I-can-do-anything front dissolved into tears... to my complete horror. The only time I'm only slightly embarrassed to cry in front of other people is during a sappy chick-flick.  Other than that, it doesn't happen.  Tears make me feel like there's a leak in my armour; I don't like people to see my weaknesses.  But, on the flip side, it also felt good to just let out some of the stress in the form of salty liquid and to know that someone finally realized how maxed-out I am.......

I've still got tonnes to do.  In fact, I should probably get at that paper that's due in 3 days........ But at least I feel a little better after a few tears and blogging about it!

Comments

Ronald said…
Hi Mai, I read your blog I'm praying for you, and hope the rest of the week will be manageable. Love your bro
Unknown said…
I think you're superwoman and I love tears;) in fact, I cry all the time:)lol love you!
Unknown said…
I absolutely adore you! Keep your chin up... I know what those days feel like. I just give in and cry ..a lot. It feels amazing. And then hit up ice cream;) no really tho, call on God! He's the almighty king of this universe and just think! You're a daughter of His! Yippy! I hope you're smiling now. Love you!
Mai said…
Thanks for the support & words of encouragement! One day at a time, right? And yes, I am smiling now :D
Sean said…
Your blog reminded me of that old Twila Paris song "The Warrior is a Child."

Hang in there, Mai!

Popular Posts