The 30-Mile Marker
I turned 28 a couple weeks ago. My brothers and several of my friends have already turned 30, and a several friends aren't far out from that major milestone. A while back, I thought 30 would be no biggie, but the closer I get, it's starting to feel like a bit more of a big deal! I want to make sure the next couple years count and I want to reach 30 knowing that I have been living a full life with no regrets!
So, here are a few things (in no particular order) which I hope to accomplish before hitting 30:
So, here are a few things (in no particular order) which I hope to accomplish before hitting 30:
- get in awesome shape
- bungee jump or sky dive
- go on a memorable road trip with friends, anywhere
- be able to do the splits again, in at least one direction (see #1)
- add another country to my list of places I've visited
- regain the ability to do a back walk-over in gymnastics (see #1)
- finish my Master's (hopefully!)
- win a game of Acquire (.....watch out, Royce & Pete!)
- go to a Cirque du Soleil show
- get back into running (see #1)
- actually become vegan, rather than just wanting/pretending to....
- downsize..... get rid of anything that isn't absolutely necessary because I seriously hate having "stuff"!
- run 30 miles on/before my 30th birthday..... not sure if this one is realistically possible, but it doesn't hurt to set goals (see #10)
I'm sure there's a lot more that I could add to this list and I'm sure that there are a lot of things that I will do in the next 2 years I haven't even thought to put on the list, but these are a few things that I want to be intentional about..... most of them have to do with exercise & getting in shape..... but hey, if I'm gonna turn 30, I might as well do it in the best shape I've ever been in!!


Comments