When the Rain Comes.....

You know that common saying, "When it rains, it pours"?  I'm learning how true that really is!  Not just because I live in Vancouver where the rain seems to be endless through these "winter" months, but because my life seems to be in the midst of a torrential down pour right now, in a variety of ways.

The past month or so has been pretty rough - I've had food poisoning & strep throat (thankfully, not at the same time), and our house got broken into, resulting in much stolen property*, but even worse has been the feelings of having our privacy and safety violated.  And that's just to mention a few things......

The the truly amazing thing is how God has been strengthening my faith through it all!  I seem to be running myself down to the core and spreading myself so thin, yet God somehow keeps sustaining me and allowing me to continue working with the rambunctious bunch of middle-schoolers that I have on my hands this year, despite the serious lack of sleep I've been operating under.

I have always worried that when things get tough, my faith wouldn't be strong enough, yet, here I find God Himself strengthening me and holding me through the tough stuff.  Even when I'm exhausted or emotionally spent or still fearful about the break in, it doesn't even feel possible to feel discouraged about any of it!  God truly is good, and I'm glad that when the rain comes, He's right there, showering me in His grace, mercy and love!

Here are a few quotes and verses from yesterday's sermon that perfectly go along with what I feel God has been doing in my life:

"To learn strong faith is to endure great trials." -George Mueller

"My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience... Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him." -James 1:2,3,12

"But He knows the way that I take; When He has tested me, I shall come forth as gold." -Job 23:10

"Now no chastening seems to be joyful for the present, put painful; nevertheless, afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it." -Hebrews 12:11



*(This is the first blog typed from the computer that I had to purchase to replace the one that I lost during the robbery.)

Comments

Popular Posts