Tourists from Ljubljana

"The couple by the entrance
Hold hands together.
They are both wearing sneakers.
They are tourists from Ljubljana.
They have checked their luggage in at the hotel.
They take pictures of themselves in public places
So they can show their families where they have been."

That's the story that was being written while we were at the PuSH festival on Sunday.  It was an event called Sometimes I Think, I Can See You in which writers were stationed in the plaza of the library with laptops that were connected to projection screens.  As they sat there "creating beautiful and spontaneous fictions about the world around them," the stories were being displayed in real-time for all to see.

We just happened to be at the right place at the right time, looking the part of a perfect tourist couple, so we were written into the story!


Little did the author know that she was barely scratching the surface of the story.  There's still so much more to come, so many more adventures to be had!  I'm curious to know where the rest of the story will take us!

Comments

Lizzy said…
Hmm, you two adventurers could pass as Slovenian! (I totally had to look up where Ljubljana was.)
Mai said…
Haha, yeah I guess so, eh?
Sean said…
Love this idea! That's so cool that you two got written in! I'd love to participate in something like that.
Mai said…
You'd be great at it, too!

Popular Posts