Under the Sea
The day began with a much-needed run as the sun rose. It was a splendid painting - Mt.Baker in the distance with the trees of the golf course silhouetted in the foreground. A great way to start the second day of the new year!
That afternoon, I met up with Matt for lunch downtown. It was gloriously sunny out, so we decided to walk the 3-4km distance from the restaurant to the aquarium in Stanley park. Don't let the sunshine deceive you - it was cold!! But also very beautiful, and we enjoyed walking along the water, hand-in-hand, delighting in each other's company!
Looking back towards the city from Stanley Park
I had not been to the aquarium since I was in high school, so it was such a treat to spend the entire afternoon there. I really wish we would've gotten there sooner, because I wasn't ready to leave at closing time!! I could've sat and watched the belugas, or the jellyfish, or the sting rays, or the turtle & shark tank for hours!!
Here are a few of my favourites from our afternoon at the aquarium:
The jellyfish were so cool! I love the way that they move so gracefully! It reminded me that I want/need to go back to Jelly Fish Lake in Palau, since we weren't able to dive there when we went.
Seals, sea lions & dolphins, always a favourite!
This tank in particular made me MISS Saipan!!
Mr. Sea Turtle!! This guy reminded me of the numerous dives at Lau Lau!
This happy little face makes me bubble up with laughter - it's just so cute and funny!!!
My favourite ray to watch - the tiger ray. I think he looks like a Persian carpet!
These guys...... scare me.
I wanted to tickle his tummy!
I really need to go diving here, because this, apparently, is what I would see. If only the water wasn't so cold.....
:)
Our last stop - the belugas - they're SO cool!
It was such a lovely day. It reminded me of the good ol' days in Saipan when we were out diving almost every weekend. It made me desperately miss being in the depths of the ocean, in a totally different world. I can't wait for spring break, when I'll be reunited with Saipan and diving and the beautiful treasures under the sea!!






Comments